Monday, September 08, 2003
Brian was cleaning the sidewalk and streets.
My new neighbors were tearing apart/rehabbing the house, meeting other neighbors, and playing with the neigborhood kids.
The sun was shining.
Kelly showed me a bullet they had pulled out of the floor as they have been rehabbing the house and liked the info I had on the 1930 version of the neighborhood.
All the neighbors (okay not all we still have the anti-social types) were out talking to each other, exchanging information, it was beautiful.
History, me complaining, history, stuff about the immediate hood (Truxton Circle) and the surrounding neighborhood (Shaw), gentrification, demographics, and some more history.
Quick Comment PolicyInital your posts or ID yourself somehow & no cussin'
AnnouncementsRandom announcements in the Shaw/Bloomingdale Area
- Gettin' in touch with my inner Republican I won...
- Diversity Soon in a week or a month Brett and Ira...
- Residents in Shaw Fight for Their Street Cars Da...
- Community meetings suck! Just got out of a baaaad ...
- Drama Mamma Drama Mamma and I are sort of back on ...
- Trading Up I told my neighbor I wouldn't tell anyo...
- Gentri quote from http://www.narpac.org/PER.HTM On...
- What happens when the middle class comes back? The...
- My Dream of Shaw Taking an idea from my church's r...
- Professional Neighborhood? I was listening to L. t...
Gentrification Classic Posts
Posts Pondering Gentrification
- This Old House
- House P-rn
- Repointing Brick
- Elements of Crackhead Design
- The Fan
- And You Were Going To Do What?
- My Kitchen
- Small House Design
- Paint Slaves
- Welcome 2 Homeownership
- 3rd Year Slump
This Old Crappy House
Entries On Joys of Homeowning and Home Repair
- Gardening in the City
- Garden Report
- Life and Veggies
- Small Space Composting
- What I did for the love of compost
- Starbucks and Gardening
- My compost
Urban growth and compost
- Washington Post
- Washington City Paper
- Shaw DC
- In Shaw: Truxton Circle
- Truxton Circle
- Bates Area Civic Association BACA
- NoMa: The 800lb gorilla So & E of the TC
- WMATA: Metro rail and bus
- DC Fire
- DC Library
- Neighborhood Info DC Demographic and other useful info
- Washington DC Government
- Shaw Main Streets
- Craigs List Washington DC
- DC Freecycle
- DC Urban Moms and Dads
- A9 Block view Yellow Pages for DC pictures of DC main streets matched with photos.
- DC MetroRiders
- DC Metro Rider LJ Community
- DC Blogs List of Active DC blogs and a review of them
- Frozen Tropics Trinidad (not Tobago) neighborhood of DC
- Jimbo A handsome man in Shaw
- Bohemian Yankee Next door neighbor & Prof. in Queer Studies
- DC Education Blog
- Nora Bombay (friend/geek/gentrifier)
- Fifth & O Covering Ward 2C
- Waltha Daniel Library Blog The blog for the Shaw library
- RenewShaw Covering 7th and 9th Streets
- Life in Mount Vernon Square News and commentary about MVSQ
- The Other 35 Percent Mt Vernon Sq's Cary Silverman's Blog
- Bloomingdale Blog A little north and east of the TC
- Beyond the MallRobbie the SE DC Blogger
- DC Bloggers
Local Blog Links
- By the Bayou (aka formerly Logan Circle Guy; aka John who comments)
- City Comforts
- Crime Reports Has detailed crime reports for DC down to PSA level
- Cyburbia: The Urban Planning Portal
- City Farmer
- Smart City Urban planning and development
None of the Above
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
<---Hey shouldn't there be more to this article? Why yes, and if you are using Internet Explorer you need to hit F11 for a Full view.